Psychological care at the highest level
I’m a compassionate, experienced and competent Registered Clinical Psychologist. I offer brief and long-term integrative psychotherapy for a range of emotional and mental health conditions.
I offer a friendly and down-to-earth approach to therapy, providing a safe, confidential and non-judgmental space to talk for Adults, Adolescents, Children, Couples, Family and Groups.
Please book a consultation if you would like to discuss any of the following with me.
Depression is a common and serious medical illness that negatively affects how you feel, the way you think and how you act. Most people have experienced intense sadness at some point in their lives, but when feelings of overwhelming sadness, helplessness, hopelessness and worthlessness last long enough to affect your ability to function normally, your sadness may be more than a passing depression, it could be clinical depression, a medical condition.
Depression occurs when an individual presents five of the following signs for at least 2 weeks:
- A depressed mood during most of the day, particularly in the morning
- Fatigue or loss of energy almost every day
- Feelings of worthlessness or guilt almost every day
- Impaired concentration, indecisiveness
- Insomnia (an inability to sleep) or hypersomnia (excessive sleeping) almost every day
- Markedly diminished interest or pleasure in almost all activities nearly every day
- Recurring thoughts of death or suicide (not just fearing death)
- A sense of restlessness or being slowed down
- Significant weight loss or weight gain
In order to accurately diagnose depression, these signs should be present daily for at least 2 weeks, and cannot be the cause of medication or drugs.
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.
Complete the form below to Book now.
Mpho- the woman who lives, is a documentary that tells a story of a young female who survived over 26 stubbing by her ex boyfriend. she goes on a journey of confronting the ex behind bars, with a hope that she will find closure and be able to move on.
Baatseba Mothoa was facilitating the process
Watch on ShowMax